Delaware DUI Lawyer
We're Available 24/7 to Defend Your Rights!
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Delaware, you need trusted counsel on your side immediately. We at the Law Office of Michael R. Abram can help you defend your legal rights and driving privileges at every step of the way. Our Delaware DUI defense lawyer has helped clients just like you clear their names of everything from traffic citations to serious felony charges. Whatever DUI charge you face, we are ready to help you.
What Sets Us Apart?
- History of Not Guilty Verdicts & Case Dismissals
- Available 24/7 to Defend Any Misdemeanor or Felony
- Personally handles each step of every case
- Spanish-speaking services available
- We regularly defend out-of-state clients arrested in Dewey Beach, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, and Bethany Beach
You deserve to have a skilled attorney at your side throughout your case, to help you save your driver’s license from suspension and fight any criminal charges you may be facing. When you hire our firm, you will get attorney Michael Abram personally working with you at every step, providing you with the fully qualified, dedicated representation you need.
Reach us 24/7 at (302) 273-1442 or email us for a FREE, no-obligation case review. Se habla español.
First Time DUI Offense
If this is your first DUI offense, you need to know what you're facing in order to make educated decisions about your defense. While there is no mandatory prison time for a first DUI offense in Delaware, at the discretion of the judge, you could face up to 12 months of jail time.
If convicted of DUI, your license WILL be suspended for at least 3 months! That amount of time will increase depending on the level of BAC at the time of your arrest.
- BAC less than .15 results in max 12 month license suspension
- BAC between .15 and .19 results in max 18 month license suspension
- BAC greater than .20, or refusing to submit to a chemical test results in max 24 month suspension
In addition, you could be fined between $500 and $1500.
Don't take a chance of being convicted of DUI. A DUI conviction will remain on your driving record forever, and could negatively impact your life for years to come. Call Attorney Michael Abrams today to secure the dedicated representation you need!
We Have a History of Successful Results
Whether you have failed or refused breath or blood tests, we may still be able to help you get your charges reduced or dismissed. Our skilled Delaware DUI attorney has even mounted a successful defense for clients in Superior Court and the Delaware Supreme Court. No DUI charge is too complex for him to handle. We can help you fight off the potential penalties for drunk driving.
Penalties for a DUI conviction in Delaware could include:
- 1st DUI: 1 year jail, a $1,500 fine, and 24 months’ license suspension
- 2nd DUI: 18 months’ prison, a $2,500 fine, and 30 months’ license suspension
- 3rd DUI: 2 years’ prison, a $5,000 fine, and 36 months’ license suspension
- 4th DUI: 5 years’ prison, a $7,000 fine, and 60 months’ license suspension
There is no such thing as a “minor” DUI charge. Whether this is your first run-in with the law or you are looking at multiple DUI charges, we are prepared to help you defend your rights, freedom, and future. Contact the Law Office of Michael R. Abram today to see how we can provide the powerhouse advocacy you need.
Call (302) 273-1442 or email us for your FREE consultation: Discover your possible defenses!